Sat, 30 Dec|
Banksy Mural, Reading Gaol
General Reading walk
Our introduction to Reading. A short ramble around our much maligned town with a general description of points of interest that shows some of the 'Ding's qualities.
Time & Location
30 Dec 2023, 13:30 – 14:30
Banksy Mural, Reading Gaol, Forbury Rd, Reading RG1, UK
About the event
Come and join us and discover
- the origins of Reading street names such as Valpy Street, Blagrave Street, Gun Street, St Mary's Butts and Friar Street
- where was the site of the world's largest biscuit factory?
- why did a famous Victorian gothic architect abandon his usual style for a Reading church?
- which Reading buildings were the subject of some of the earliest known photographs?
- what used to stand on the site of the Oracle Shopping Centre?
- what was the site of a Spitfire factory in World War 2?
- where were Reading's botanical gardens?
Tour starts from Banksy Mural outside Reading Gaol, Forbury Road, Reading. (What3Words location - windy.lift.gloves)
Amount of walking - approximately 1 step free mile
Tour finishes by Reading railway station
- Ticket type
VAT includedTax: VAT includedSale ended